Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Reina happy at Liverpool





With rumors circulating that Reina was set to leave Liverpool this summer, the Spaniard has come out to reiterate that he is happy at Liverpool. Arsenal and even Manchester United were being linked with a move for the Liverpool number one.

Reina is said to be happy at the club and is very excited with the ambitious plans that FSG, the new owners, have for the club.

He went as far to squash any reports of him moving to Liverpool's rivals, Manchester United.
    “I am not going to Manchester, that is not my intention,” he said.

    “I imagine they’ve been monitoring and following many keepers.”
Reina was brought to Liverpool by former manager Rafael Benitez from Villareal for 6 million pounds. Since then he has become a very loved character around the club.

Reina is looking forward to the future with Liverpool and helping them achieve success.

     “I’m happy, calm and comfortable here,” he said.
     “I will continue working so we can win more games.

“I’m looking towards the future which I reckon will bring a lot of happiness and   hopefully the new project with the new American owners will be a convincing one – attractive and ambitious above all. It’s my understanding that we will be bringing in some important players, continuing to grow and hopefully in one or two years we will be in the place that Liverpool deserves to be, which is fighting for titles.”

No comments: